Friday, July 1, 2011

And The Walls Go Up!






The hammer and nails began firing today.  The framing has begun.  By late this evening approximately half the walls were propped up.  It was fun to get out and walk around and finally imagine what the rooms are going to look like.  I am worried about the size of some of the rooms as they seem small, but they match the measurements on the plans.  I guess I have a spacial visualization problem.  The funny thing is that the room that seems the biggest to me is our (Melissa's) closet.  Figures!  The framing is going to go fast with a roof planned in two weeks. 

We have a trip planned to Dallas on July 13th for plumbing fixtures and pool design.  Should be fun. 

We are learning a lot as we go.  I have had a crash course on post-tension cable slabs and now the types of studs used in the walls.  Trying to keep up with learning new things to make sure I understand everything.  James at ACH has been great at explaining things as well. 

Will keep everyone posted as more of the house takes shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment